Here are a few of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes…
- Apple Cranberry Pie
- Roasted Root Veggies
- And a new one–homemade cranberry sauce! Once you taste this, you’ll never buy the canned junk again!!
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (we often use less, but you may want to play with it and see how tart you like it. It may also need a touch of cornstarch to help thicken if you reduce the sugar a lot.)Instructions:
- Place fresh cranberries and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Wrap cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a spice bag. Place in the water with the cranberries.
- Cook until cranberries begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Discard spice bag. Chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.